Saturday, February 1, 2014

Today I start adding to my story-writing blog, as I am calling it.  This week at home I had a great idea to use one of my previous stories and adapt to our polar bear study.  With my low-babies, I wrote the facts that we all discussed together, and then they illustrated for each page.  I will film it on Monday.

Here's the story:

Wouldn’t it be great to be a polar bear?

Wouldn’t it be great to have padded paws that wouldn’t slip on the ice?

Wouldn’t it be great to have 3 inches of blubber to keep you warm even in the arctic cold?

Wouldn’t it be great to not have to eat for 8 full months?  That would be amazing!

Wouldn’t it be great to be able to float, even though you are very, very large?

Wouldn’t it be great to not have any animal hunt you?

Wouldn’t it be great to play-fight and not even get hurt?

Wouldn’t it be great to have two layers of hollow fur and black skin underneath to keep you super warm?

Wouldn’t it be great to go swimming anytime you would want?

Wouldn’t it be great if you could blend in with the snow and ice?

Wouldn’t it be great to have really large paws as big as a dinner plate?

Wouldn’t it be great to have a long neck and
long legs?

Wouldn’t it be great to have a small nose but  could smell big things?

Wouldn’t it be great to walk a million miles on snow and ice?


Wouldn’t it be great to be a mama polar bear and have your baby cubs in a warm den?


Written and illustrated by Mrs. Hutto, Paul C., Landon M., Bailey M., Jeremiah L., J’myah L.,
Adrian s., London C.
I wish I were a polar Bear!


CREATIVITY with a PURPOSE!!

Kary Jane Hutto




No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Reads

  • Best Christmas Pageant Ever
  • The Help